The way to a smart and healthy grocery store
Plan your meal Create a list
Truly prepare a fresh and healthy meal, serve meals for you and your family, preferably meal at least a week in advance We need to think seriously about planning and keep an accurate shopping list to accommodate the planned meals. When shopping and only buying what you need, please stick to your list. By doing so, the possibility of becoming the following becomes high.
- Avoid emotional purchases at grocery stores.
- It focuses on newly prepared healthy diet, not processed food with poor malnutrition.
- Prevent the last urge to purchase fast food, pizza, or takeaway.
Ensure that the grocery market is not overwhelmed by you
- buy the surroundings If you need healthy foods, concentrate on the food around the store. With frozen, ventilated and water access, this is where fresh foods are stored. Food in the center passageway is generally processed. If you acquire a healthy dietary habit, you will find that you rarely need to get in and out of the center aisle.
- I forgot the end caps Spots at the ends of each aisle often contain promotional items that are neither healthful nor cheap. They are conveniently arranged to pull your attention.
- Scanning top and bottom shelves The most expensive product is often intentionally placed at eye level. Please also scan the top and bottom items.
- Please do your math and check the unit price. A sign that reflects '$ 2 for $ 5' or '$ 5 for $ 5' is not a measure of negotiation, it's just a marketing trick. In addition, manufacturers tend to adjust according to package size. Please check unit price. In some cases smaller packages will cost less than larger packages.
- Leave your child at home Many parents will purchase products that they usually do not purchase just because their children are fascinated by the package and want it. If you can leave at home, unhealthy temptations will be less.
- Please do not shop when you are hungry. Please eat it before you go. This will help you avoid buying impulsive junk food.
Healthy shopping method
- first stop. Head of the production department. Think of your grocery cart like your dining table food. You want to use vegetables and fruits in bulk (at least 50%).
- Variety is the key. Please choose 4 kinds of fruits different in color from seven kinds of vegetables in one week. At the beginning of the week, use quick rotting products such as arugula, spinach, berries. Harrier vegetables such as cauliflower, sweet potatoes, apple work well as the week goes on.
- Carrots, celery, cucumbers, jikama, peppers are great snacks. Please cut them at weekends and use them as snacks during the week. They also work well with almond butter, cheese, or hummus.
- For these agricultural products, please always purchase organic products. It has the highest residue of apple, celery, cherry tomato, cucumber, grape, red pepper, kale, nectarine, peach, potato, snap pea, spinach, strawberry, sweet pepper, carrot, and collard green.
- Avoid purchasing genetically modified (GM) maize, zucchini, yellow squash, Hawaiian papaya with organic matter. If it is an organic matter, it can not be GM.
Meat and Seafood
- Then it goes down to the Protein section. For animals and fishes and shellfishes, it is important to avoid hormones, antibiotics, those given GM maize or soy feed.
- Organic beef and 100% pasture grass beef are the most healthy of all beef. This type of beef has the highest ratio of omega 3 to omega 6, and it also contains beneficial CLA (conjugated linoleic acid). "Organic" animals are given 100% organic feed without animal byproducts or growth hormone, but may not have completely ingested grass. Both when we grab the grass with 100% grass and when we harvested on the grass means that the animals keep on the grass for the whole of life, but the "bred on lawn" Please note that you can give pesticides and herbicides to pastures and give GM alfalfa.
- If you are on a budget, it is a wonderful option to buy cattle feed.
- Lamb always eats grass naturally.
- In organic chicken, the organic free range is the best. If it is mere "free range" there is no guarantee that it is not given GM corn or soy feed.
- Pigs in pastures are far more favorable than "natural" or "minimally processed" pigs. Currently there is no system to verify whether pork is truly natural or processed to a minimum. These terms are fairly pointless.
- For seafood, vegetables are always better than cultivation. Farmed fish are bred with the pen of the sea and pond (freshwater fish and shellfish) and are given unnatural meal of GM corn and soybean. It means that diseases and parasites are common, so that antibiotics, pesticides, and other chemicals are used in large quantities to address this problem.
- Small ocean fish is better than big fish. Large fish tend to accumulate more mercury in the body.
crisp / crayfish
salad (19459003) **
salmon (19509003) **
Bass (with stripes), Black)
Cod (Alaskan) *
Croaker (White Pacific)
Hari Bat (19459003) *
Hari Bat (Pacific)
Jacksmelt  (Silver Side) [196590
Cape snack *
tuna (canned [(19659032)teatree(19659032)sturgeon(19659002)*
blue fish [19659032Tuna(CannedAlbacore)
Tuna (Yellowfin) *
High-end Mercury High-end Mercury  Marlin *
Orange Roughy *
Tuna (Bigeye, *
* Fish trouble! These fish are dangerously few and use environmentally destructive methods.
** Cultured salmon may contain chemical substances with significant long-term health effects of PCB.
- eggs are excellent protein sources. Contrary to what we heard from the media, cholesterol in food is not harmful. All the cells in the body require cholesterol and we need cholesterol to make a hormone. Egg yolk contains fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, K, carotenoids, lutein, zeaxanthin. This is beneficial to your eyes. They also contain calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and vitamin B.
- Always choose an organic range letter. It would be even better if you could get organic and truly raised eggs.
- Also please purchase organic matter to avoid growth hormone, antibiotics, GM feed. The glass feed becomes an additional bonus.
- Organic full fat dairy products are far superior to low fat and non fat milk. Saturated fat is essential to your health. Your brain is made mainly of fat and cholesterol. The share of fatty acid lions in the brain is actually planned. A meal that dislikes healthy saturated fat deprives the raw materials necessary for the brain to function optimally. In addition, low-fat and non-fat dairy products often contain additives that are more delicious. However, since harmful growth hormones, antibiotics, insecticides tend to concentrate on adipose tissue, saturated fats are good if they are from organically grown animals.
- Please note the additives of yogurt, cottage cheese, coffee creamer with flavor. Please read the ingredient list carefully before you buy.
- Sweetened yoghurt usually contains a lot of sugar. Instead, pick plain yoghurt, mix some delicious and healthy sweets along with some fruits, fine nuts, a small swirl of raw and organic honey.
Frozen fruits and vegetables
- Nutrient levels of frozen vegetables are generally about 10% lower than fresh ones. Frozen food picked at the peak of freshness is a great way to fill the production gap, especially in winter.
- Frozen berries are excellent for smoothies.
- When purchasing canned foods, simply purchase cans from a brand that does not use BPA (bisphenol A). BPA is very harmful to health due to hormonal disorder. Infants are particularly sensitive to the influence of BPA. If you do not know about a specific product, please check the company website. Amy's, Crown Prince, Eden Foods, Native Forest, Muir Green, Oregon Choice, Trader Joe's Vital Choice, Whole Foods 365, Wild Planet.
- Canned wild Alaska salmon, sardines, and herring are good substitutes for fresh ones.
- Examine ingredients of additives and unpleasant vegetable oils (corn, canola, cottonseed oil, soybean, safflower, sunflower). Olive oil is the best.
- Whole grain flour such as barley, buckwheat, burgund, faro, millet, quinoa are processed to a minimum and become a wonderful substitute for regular rice and pasta. These cereals can be combined with remaining cooked vegetables and / or proteins for a warm salad lunch. For additional flavor and texture, add some fine nuts and feta cheese.
- When buying bread, please pay attention to unhealthy additives and bad vegetable oils used for commercial baking. Please read the ingredient list carefully.
- Steel cut oats or Irish oatmeal are made from whole grains called granules. They are cut into two or three pieces with a sharp steel blade, hence a steel cut oatmeal. This type of oatmeal has the lowest blood glucose level and returns after the blood sugar level slowly rises, so you feel a satisfaction after breakfast. Second place is an old-fashioned oat, regularly or labeled as roll oats. They are made of steamer and rolling whole grain. The most undesirable is the instant automat that is most processed and has the highest glycemic index.
- Boxed breakfast cereals, even for whole grain flour, are highly processed foods. They are also very heavy on carbohydrates and sugar. Without labeled organisms, many contain GM components of corn, soy, canola, and sugar beet. For breakfast cereals, synthetic vitamins and minerals are usually supplemented, resulting in higher nutritional value. Unfortunately, such nutrients are not easily absorbed by the body.
Oil and Fat
- Organic Animal Fat, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Three Types of Oil must be cooked on a regular basis.
- The most common type of animal fat is butter. Always buy organic matter. Gee is a transparent butter which removed milk solids, so it can withstand higher heat without burning. Other types of animal fat include chicken fat, duck fat, lard fat, and beef tallow. These fats can be used for cooking if they are from healthy and organically grown animals. Various types of fat give you a different flavor.
- Organic, unpurified, buy extra virgin coconut oil of cold press. Since coconut oil is 92% saturated fat, it will not break at stability at high temperature.
- Olive oil should only be used for salad dressing or low temperature cooking. Extra virgin olive oil is the best.
- Please do not buy a salad dressing on the market. Most of them use vegetable oils and have other additives. Instead, please make your own using olive oil and acid such as lemon juice, balsamico or apple cider vinegar. Chopped some fresh herbs and mix them into a bottle. It will be kept in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Occasional treatment with natural sugar works well if there is no glycemic or insulin problem or if it is not cancer. The best is raw organic honey and pure maple syrup. Otherwise, please use Stevia which is a sweet herb.