Shape Up For Summer! | CBN.com
CBN SHAPE UP FOR SUMMER CHALLENGE
This spring, CBN in partnership with Dr. Perlmutter, is launching a transformational challenge of health and wellness like no other. Spectators are invited to participate in a FREE 8-week Shape Up Challenge to achieve their personal goal of weight loss. The challenge begins on April 5 and ends on May 31. The challenge will focus on the "food ratio" using the philosophy of Dr. Perlmutter's book Grain Brain Whole Life : a scientific approach that helps with mental clarity, memory, improves overall well-being, encompasses healthy eating and weight loss. To join the challenge, viewers must log in to www.CBN.com/ShapeUpForSummer to provide their contact information.
To participate in the Challenge, viewers should:
- Consult with their doctor to determine if this is the right plan for them and to eliminate any medical / dietary needs before beginning the plan.
- Implement a regular exercise plan (exercise videos included in the program)
- Reduce carbohydrates like breads, cereals and pasta (includes recipes and cooking videos)
- Increase good fats (salmon, avocado, coconut, coconut oil, quinoa, fresh vegetables, etc.) to reduce inflammation and improve intestinal health. (recipes and cooking videos included)
- Avoid diet / artificial sweeteners, which can cause weight gain.
The first 100 people who signed up for the challenge at www.CBN.com/ShapeUpForSummer
will receive Dr. Perlmutter's latest book, The Grain Brain Whole Life Plan . Participation = log in and enter your lost / earned weight that week. A Fitkeeper Blaze Health Tracker portable device will be delivered each week for 8 weeks. A winner will be chosen at random from the entrants who enter their weekly progress at www.CBN.com/ShapeUpForSummer . Weight loss does not affect your chance to win a prize. It is not necessary to buy.
Dr. Perlmutter says: "This is a group effort … we want you to enter your weight loss every week." The total weight loss for the group will be published online every week …