Parents are green for their children's health!
Parents are looking for the best for their children. This includes living planets for the next generation. That's why parents become green for their children's health. There are a number of measures you can take to minimize your carbon footprint and teach your child about the environment to your child.
Four important areas to ensure the best for your & # 39; green & # 39; environment and your family include the following I will. – Water efficiency – Energy efficiency – Product selection – Disposal management. We are lucky to live in a country rich in natural resources including water. The way you protect and save water is as follows:
1. Water efficiency :
- After use, remove taps firmly so as not to fall. You should not flush your teeth, polish your teeth, wash dishes, clean it, and drain the water.
- Pour water into the plants using the remaining water of the plastic water bottle and put it in a pet water dish.
- Please purchase biodegradable soap, shower gel, laundry detergent. If you have a high efficiency washing machine, you need to reduce rinse water, so please buy HE (high efficiency) detergent.
- Monitor spills. Do not place harmful chemical substances (contained in some household detergents, paints, solvents, insecticides, etc) under the drain.
- Please do not use the drain as a trash can to insert cigarette cigarettes, paper tissue, hair etc. Please tell your children to follow your example.
2. Energy efficiency helps the environment and saves electricity bills. Follow simple tips:
- Replace old ones with power efficient one. Locate the Energy Star label. Please check rebates and programs from your local government.
- Purchase energy efficient light bulb for home. Compact fluorescent lamps are 75% more efficient than conventional bulbs.
- When not in use, turn off lights and appliances. Computers, televisions, stereos and video game units turn on even when the power is turned off. With the power strip, you can easily turn off multiple devices at the same time and not draw current. Please do not charge your cell phone more than necessary.
- Get solar lighting products. In particular, it is not necessary to worry about the power cord, so it is suitable for outdoor lighting.
- Whenever someone needs to go somewhere, do not arrive automatically for the keys of the car. Please look for options like walking, cycling or carpooling.
- Please check the draft at home and seal it. Make sure your home has adequate insulation properties anywhere, such as attic, basement, floor, wall. Your home will be more efficient and comfortable and will display low invoice for heating and cooling.
3. Product Selection:
- Not all products are created equally. Look for green materials, products made from recycled materials, biodegradable products.
- Use rechargeable batteries instead of disposable batteries that may leak toxin to the earth. Please select green and bio cleaning products than harsh chemicals. (Look at our articles on using products like vinegar and baking soda to clean your house.)
- Replace chemical pesticides used in plants, lawns and gardens with non-toxic ones.
- Buy a bag that can be reused many times for grocery and shopping.
- Please use reusable containers or water bottles for lunch and going out.
4. Waste management:
- Reuse, recycle, renewal as much as possible. Get green and blue bins in the city and keep the amount of waste to a minimum.
- Let's plan a neighborhood cleanup. Please pitch up everyone to clean the park and the sidewalk. Then, or make an event from a fundraiser. Please give prizes and praise to those that fill most garbage bags.
- Look for creative ways to reuse items rather than throwing items away. Crafts, accessories (Garbage art is included!)
- Please find product recycling code. Reusable plastic is labeled 2, 4 or 5. Plastic labeled 1, 3, 6, and 7 should be recycled only once.
Learning to become green, you can do as a family. It will make you feel better with the planet.