Men and Sperm Health
Male – You influence your sperm maturation process on a daily basis
Women are born with all the eggs you have had, but men bore sperm continuously I will. Therefore, what men do like everyday may affect the sperm maturation process.
Smoking, drinking, drugs, stress, malnutrition and lack of exercise all lead to sperm quality deterioration. And it was recently discovered and the quality of male sperm begins to decline around 25 years old.
There are five main factors that contribute to the overall quality of sperm. They include sperm motility, velocity, count, concentration and morphology (shape and size).
Any weakness of any of these areas may affect the conception of conception.
Sperm motility is a term that expresses the ability of sperm to move actively. In other words, is sperm "strong swimmer"? For healthy spermatozoa, typically more than 50% are active and more than 25% move strongly in one direction. Motility allows sperm to enter the uterus and fallopian tube through the cervix and finally penetrate the egg.
Sperm forward movement is called progressive movement, forward progression or rapid linear progression. There are also several different ways to classify forward movements.
According to the World Health Organization (1999), in healthy men, more than 25% of sperm exhibit progressive motility. These are considered sperm with the best opportunity to successfully fertilize eggs.
Rapid linear progression showed more than 60% improvement after 4 months of treatment with acupuncture, herbal medicine and supplements.
Semen count is the number of sperm in ejaculated liquid (semen). Normal ejaculation has more than 40 million semen. A total number below 40 million may indicate a decline in fertility.
With the proprietary protocol of acupuncture, herbal medicine, and supplements at Berkeley Center, the number increased by more than 14% after 4 months of treatment.
Concentration is a measure of the number of sperm cells in 1 milliliter of semen. Normal concentrations are at least 20 million sperm cells per milliliter of semen.
With its own protocol combining acupuncture at Berkeley Center, herbal medicine and appropriate supplements, concentration improved after 4 months of treatment.
Morphology (shape and size)
Healthy sperm cells are similar in shape to tadpoles. The elliptical head of the sperm contains genetic material, energy is in the center, sperm advances to the tail.
Using the strict criteria of the World Health Organization (1999), research on aid reproductive technology programs has shown that the pregnancy rate is lower than the normal pregnancy rate of less than 15%. Furthermore, experts believe that abnormally shaped sperm can not fertilize eggs.
The term infertility refers to a couple who is unable to earn income one year after unprotected sexual intercourse (or six months if the woman is over the age of 35). It is different from infertility. Infertile couples are less likely to get pregnant in any month than pregnant couples.
Summary of statistical information
- Human reproduction is surprisingly inefficient and complex enough. The possibility of pregnancy is thought to be only 25% of pregnant couple.
- One out of twelve couples is infertile.
- Male-related factors account for 40% of infertility. Female-related factors account for 40%, male and female factors account for approximately 20%.
- About 90% of all infertility can be traced back to the specific cause that can be treated.
- Problem of sperm production
- obstruction of sperm supply system
- injury to the testicle
- low hormone or high hormone production [19659025
- epididymal vein (varicose veins around the testes)
- past diseases / infectious diseases / various diseases
- specific medication
- Motility: ability to move actively. For healthy spermatozoa, typically more than 50% are active and more than 25% move strongly in one direction. Movement is one that allows sperms to migrate to the cervix, uterus and fallopian tubes and finally penetrate the eggs.
- Speed: Progressive Mobility. In healthy men, more than 25% of sperm exhibit progressive motility. These are considered sperm with the best opportunity to successfully fertilize eggs.
- Counting: Number of semen in liquid to be ejaculated (semen). Normal ejaculation has more than 40 million semen. A total number below 40 million may indicate a decline in fertility.
- Concentration: a measure of the number of sperm cells in 1 milliliter of semen. Normal concentrations are at least 20 million sperm cells per milliliter of semen.
- Morphology: sperm shape and size. Healthy sperm cells have a similar shape to tadpoles. The elliptical head of the sperm contains genetic material, energy is in the center, sperm advances to the tail.
Typical cause of infertility in men
sperm quality 40% of couples experiencing infertility. There are five main elements that contribute to the quality of sperm:
Using the strict criteria presented by the World Health Organization (1999), the study shows that the pregnancy rate is less than 15% and the normal pregnancy rate is low. Furthermore, experts believe that abnormally shaped sperm can not fertilize eggs.
Motor capacity, speed and morphology seem to be the most important factor to evaluate sperm fertility. Despite the small number of sperm, many men with high quality (viable and highly mobile) sperm may still be fertile.
By combining acupuncture, herbal medicine, and supplements, we were able to effectively improve the quality of sperm and improve it. In addition to improving counts, morphology and motility, sperm fraction is often well treated.
Another excellent application of the Berkeley Center protocol is recovery of venectomy. One of the causes of lack of improvement in sperm quality and number after varicoectomy is due to lack of blood flow to the testicles. Appropriate application of acupuncture, herbal medicine and supplement has been shown to successfully improve blood flow to the testis and promote healing and significant improvement after spermatic vein resection.